-5v5 Format (4 floor players + goalie) with 4×4 Goals
-Court is enclosed 30’x90′
-Four 50 minute games 1/6-1/27, Playoffs featuring 25 min games on 2/3
-Varsity and JV divisions will be available if enrollment permits
-Seeding determined by: Points (3 for a win, 1 for a tie)> Head to Head>Goal Differential (Capped at 7 per game) > Goals Against > Goals For > Coin Flip
2018 Arena League Champions Amherst Hurricanes
- Five players on the court at a time. No offsides rules are in effect.
- Goals are 4’x4.’
- Creases are a 10’x12’ quadrilateral. All crease violation rules regarding limb and body contact remain in effect.
- Offensive Players’ sticks may make contact with the goal while shooting. All crease violation rules regarding limb and body contact remain in effect.
- Shots may be taken on the offensive half of the court ONLY. Any action deemed a shot from beyond half court will result in awarding of the ball to the opposing team.
- Goalies may wear leg padding, hockey pants, chest and shoulder padding. Field Hockey or Ice Hockey blockers are not allowed.
- No shooting string limits will be enforced.
- Sticks will be no shorter than 40” and no longer than 42”
- Sticks shall measure between 4 ½ “ and 8” at its widest point
- Only team captains may call for a stick check. If the stick is deemed illegal a 2 minute personal foul shall be enforced and any goals scored with that stick prior to the check will be removed. If the stick is deemed legal a 1 minute personal foul shall be assessed to the team that called for a check.
- Penalty time is observed by a light located in the bench area attached to a timer set by the official. The penalty must be served for the entire period that the light is illuminated.
- A boarding penalty shall be assessed on any player who checks an opponent in such manner that causes the opponent to be thrown violently into the boards. The onus is on the player who is applying the check to ensure his opponent is not in a vulnerable position and if so, he must avoid contact. However, there is also the onus on the other player not to put himself in a dangerous position. This balance must be considered by the officials when applying this rule. Boarding will be assessed as a 1, 2, or 3 minute personal foul.
- Intentional dislodging of the net shall be assessed as a 1 minute personal foul.
- Technical fouls committed by the goalie may be served by a designated in home player.
- Personal fouls committed by the goalie must be served by both the in home player and another alternate making the offending team two men down for one minute.
- On the Faceoff, each team must have one player at each of the following areas
- Center Circle
- Offensive Tennis Box
- Defensive Tennis Box
- Midfield area outside the tennis endline
- On the whistle the players is the midfield area are released from behind the tennis endline. These players may NOT enter the center circle or make contact with any player in the center circle.
- Players in the respective tennis boxes may not release until a possession ruling is called by the official.
Areas not addressed in the rules above default to the NCAA Lacrosse rules linked below
Consideration of Indoor Lacrosse was given in creating the above rules. For reference please review the NLL rules linked below: